Saturday, August 14, 2010

Will she find her name in the California cement?

I want to stand inside Gilman so fucking bad. Just walking through that door would probably take my breath away.
People who dont appreciate music piss me off. Like they only like the "new and happening" bands. The ones on VH1 every hour on the hour. The bands that deflate after two albums. But then once their gone the people move on to the next big thing...and I dont get it.

What about bands like The Replacements? They kick serious ass but dont get any recognition. I guess thats okay, but people have heard them in indie movies or bad teen movies (see Cant Hardly Wait) without even realizing it. If you havent listened to them, I recommend it. Best songs to start out with: Bastards of Young & Androgynous.

I dont know I guess what brought all this on is Lollapalooza and the Paul McCartney concert. I am having such a hard time trying to find someone who would appreciate sitting in floor seats at Paul McCartney. And like, I jumped at the chance but people my age dont really appreciate him as a solo artist. They just know about the Beatles. And the people who do appreciate him (my real friends) are all going to be gone by the time the concert rolls around.

Lollapalooza drove me nuts. There were people on twitter tagging green day. The ones that pissed me off the most were,

"King For A Day. Guess its time for a bathroom break."

"Wow so glad I came all this way 2 see Phoenix play and cant even hear them over Green Day."

The last one I can kind of understand, and it made me laugh more than anything. Their so loud with their pyrotechnics and fireworks. Anyway. There were so many people who werent fans there and didnt know the words to anything but American Idiot. Id of killed to be there and they took it for granted. Im hoping seeing them play in their entirety and kicking major ass-ness turned some people into fans and that they go out and buy their discography.

People just dont respect the music anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment