Monday, August 16, 2010

When everything you have goes away.

If you really love the person, you dont run away at the idea of spending the rest of your life with them when it could be a reality.

You make good on your promises of being there when I cry, or if Im sick.
You hold my hand as we walk down the new york streets and thank god we stayed together that long.
You promise,again to love and cherish me forever and stand in front of a church and god and everybody at our wedding. (which you constantly talked about.)
You smile happily if I decide to actually pop out those three kids we talked about. (Sydney. Ava. and Reiley.)
We watch those kids grow up, teaching them how to play bass, and listen to good music, in a strong family.
You kiss me on the forehead when you come home from work (like you used to do before leaving for the night)
We pick out the perfect house in Maine to grow old in, and bask in the wonderful seasons to come.
We fall asleep in each others arms like wed done a hundred times before.

When you spend 15 months with someone and all they ever talk about is loving you, being willing to die for you, and already knowing how they want to propose to you...its going to ache when its over. No matter how much the sensible side of you always knew it would end, the romantic side began to believe him and hope he was right.

I hate to think of you criticizing those loving couples, "how in the hell do they stay together so long, I dont want to be tied down."

If thats the way you think then you never really meant any of those pinky promises where you said you would never hurt me like the others and never leave me. Because if you did you wouldnt be bitter, youd still be with me, experiencing life with someone who loves you.

To this day. You break my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment