Friday, August 6, 2010

Vendetta, sweet vendetta.

"That was better than fucking...and I love fucking."
For the life of me I cant remember what song we were singing when Billie said this.

Wednesday, we left the house before 8. I literally got one hour of sleep the night before...I was so anxious. I slept the whole way to the state of New York and we stopped at some weird ass truckstop and ate. We got to the hotel, that which I might add smelled like 100 year old body odor and smoke.
So we drove around the town and ate, checked the venue out only to hear this. "These gates open at 3 p.m. nobody is going to be standing in any line" Fuck. My. Life.

The next day we were at the Darien Lake Performing Arts Center at 10 on the nose when the park opened. There I found my people. The Green Day Community people. There was a group of 10 of them. Why do I know the exact number? Because as people were coming into line, they were being numbered by the leader whose name slips my mind at this point, and Tag.

The security people shuffled us away from the enterance so all 30 of us sat under a pavilion outside the park and filled up all the picnic tables. There we made signs, swapped stories, and had a literal Pizza party (  ordered from the small joint down the road a piece).

Well after hours of waiting we lined up. They kept us contained like animals at the zoo. I was at the front of the line, and broke into a full run. But we were all stopped (in true Who like trampling style circa 79). Green Day was doing soundcheck still. Billies smooth voice could be heard from around the wall. As soon as they were done we were once again released...again, I was at the front of the pack running like the devil was fucking chasing me. I had made it.
I was front and center against the barrier. Sadly, no catwalk for this one, but it turned out to be alot better than I thought.

All of the set was flawless. During East Jesus Nowhere he asked a little boy,
"Whats your name?"
"Cameron."
"How old are you"
"12"
"Cameron...have you ever fucked a woman before?" he shook his head, "Well youre going to tonight, get up on stage."

Im not going to go into full detail of the show. But. At the end when Billie was playing Good Riddance he looked down at where I was and smirked a bit. When he was done he handed me the pick he was using.
I almost couldnt look him in the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment