Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 4

Favorite song from Kerplunk:

Ok this is a definate tie, which is hard enough as it is considering that album kicks so much ass its ridiculous to even think about. But anyways. Here they are. Either Christie Road or Who Wrote Holden Caulfield.

I love Christie Road because it embodies a lot of things Ive felt at one time or another. Plus I like the way its kind of slow and dreary at the beginning then it picks up. But the lyrics are what makes this one of my favorite songs from them, and tied as the best from Kerplunk.

Who wrote holden caulfield has always been a favorite of mine. I like the shout out to Billies favorite book. And the song is just so damn good to pass up. Between the lyrics and the actual music...I cant deal. I love the fact that they play it live still, and in one of their most recent shows with AFI Davey Havok came out to sing with Billie, but ended up just singing it himself. For some reason everytime they perform it Billie goes off into guitarist mode, with a side of front man. Its kinda cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment