Monday, June 21, 2010

Green Day Challenge Day 2

favorite Green Day song: This is probably the most impossible question in the entire world for me to answer. Waiting is my favorite song.  Christ. I cant even explain the connections I have to this song. A distinct memory. My mom was just diagnosed with breast cancer and had her surgery. It was warm and sunny out, summer day. I was laying in my doormer with my stereo up just high enough, my window open blowing my thin white curtain lightly, reminding me of life outside those walls. I listened to Waiting...for some reason, Better thank your lucky stars ended me. Billies smooth voice it was just a comfort thing. Nobody knew what to say to the 12 year old whose mother wore a wig to open house. My so called family didnt know what to do with me besides pump me full of food. My poor father was just as upset and worried as me, only he took care of her, as she was sick with chemo...I could simply watch in horror. But when that song played, it gave me hope for one reason or another. I was lucky my mother found the tumor when she had...that song...it made me realize it could have been terribly worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment