Friday, September 24, 2010

Living in the big machine now.

Got my interview set up with the Goo Goo Dolls. The rep from Warner Bros called me today. What the fuck is my life? I have a rep from WB in my phone? Seriously?
I had to email Eli and tell him Id be late for class since its a phone interview. Im still kind of hoping recording it through speaker phone will work. It should work.
Ive run over the questions at least a million times...and I hope there good enough. I would ask my mom to look em over but she said I have to trust my gut and ask what I want. I wish I had someone to read them and be honest. Fuck.
Im nervous as shit. But I need more. I think im going to go down to the Bulletin and maybe see if I could pick up a few articles or something...freelance a bit. I think itd help, and in the meantime Ill stay on the prowl of any interesting bands to interview and find a place to put them. I need to be a journalist. Otherwise I have no path.

"You CANNOT make friends with the rock stars. That's what's important. If you're a rock journalist - first, you will never get paid much. But you will get free records from the record company. And they'll buy you drinks, you'll meet girls, they'll try to fly you places for free, offer you drugs... I know. It sounds great. But they are not your friends. These are people who want you to write sanctimonious stories about the genius of the rock stars, and they will ruin rock and roll and strangle everything we love about it."

1 comment:

  1. hey, if you wanna send me the questions on FB or something I can look them over, if you want?

    (also, REP FROM WB IN YOUR PHONE, THAT IS LIKE TOO AMAZING FOR LIFE)

    ReplyDelete