Friday, September 3, 2010

DAY 9

Something you love about Billie Joe Armstrong:

Okay well basically everything I posted in Day 1's challenge. But a few things I may have forgotten.

He fuckin loves and takes care of his mom. There was an interview with her and she said he and the family come over every Tuesday night for dinner, when hes not touring. She has his first Grammy in the living room. He tries to buy her a new house and new car every year, which of course she refuses.

And his father my god. On September 10th theres going to be a stand up to cancer telethon and Billies performing. I would bet money hell play Wake Me Up When September Ends ya know why? September 10 was the day his father died in 1982 of esaphogial cancer. I really hope he doesnt cry...cus Ill cry. Hes so fuckin strong for doing it, god knows I wouldnt be able to.

Despite being 100% envious, he and Adrienne are a lovely couple like its ridiculous. I know I mentioned this but everytime I see the photo I posted below it just makes me realize how good she is for him, and how there really couldnt be any other way.

In a recent concert he was trying to get more kids in the pit. And security said no. Well fuck. Billie kept saying come on come on, and finally he ripped his guitar off and was like, "What do you need fuckin help? This is my fucking show and I say let em in!" He went to the side stage and told the kids to come in himself. When at least 100 new people came in he stands center stage. "Im Billie Joe Fucking Armstrong, Ill do whatever the fuck I want!"

I love when he fucks something up on stage, it makes him more human. Like he fucked up Longview (!?) and he just laughed and told the audience to sing. Hes not afraid to be really weird or silly. And when he harrasses the little kids after East Jesus Nowhere...its just adorable.

I love everything about him, and nothing and no one is going to change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment