Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I had the blankest year.

My mom offered me something that kind of surprised me. She said if I wanted to take the train to New York with Cate and Mousegirl and see American Idiot sometime in the next couple months shed be okay with it, and that we could get a couple nights in the Westin and go hang in New York. And if my dad says we as a family arent going to NYC im going to see if the two of them would be interested. I think itd be a fuckin blast.

For American Idiots 6th anniversary or birthday or whatever, I layed on my floor for 6 hours and listened to it 6 times the whole way through. Its strange remembering. This. This is what I loved about that song, or oh my god Marissa and I worked so hard to figure out that riff on guitar. Or like, Oh shit, I watched this part on Heart Like a Handgrenade and its probably my favorite part. That night I watched some old tapes I had from when they showed making ofs on Fuse. Then I watched Bullet in a Bible. It is still hands down one of the coolest things ever made in my opinion and I think Brandon Flowers is a big jealous asshole for hatin on it. (See this article from 2006 http://www.nme.com/news/nme/24702 ) Hes just jealous he didnt play Milton Keynes for 130,000 fans. Anyway. It was just something I knew was appropriate and that somewhere a GDCer was listening with me.

The name Billie spelled B-I-L-L-Y doesnt even seem like a real name to me anymore. Like in my mind the real, true way to spell it is with an -ie at the end.

I went to lunch with my cousin Sarah today and I saw Marissas brother Scott. It was kind of weird because at one point she and I lived at each others houses, and scott and his friends would always judge me and Brittany Myers on our hot level. He was a slob, so I didnt take his words to heart. But still I hate seeing people from my past.

1 comment: