Thursday, May 21, 2009

my fingers catch the sparks at the thought of them touching you.



Third Eye Fucking Blind.
Front row. With one of my best best friends.
What the hell could get better than that.
It was like a religious experience.
I'm not even gonna lie I felt more spiritual and real there than I ever had at any church.
I cant do it justice.
The day started out with this dull haze over my brain.
I was out of it. Rough night.
I had tapped out and was torn up.
After some Green Day and swinging on a tire swing and inappropriate dinner conversation, things started looking up.
We got there and it was like, my people are the misfits the freaks, to quote the band.
There were all these different people there. I actually heard two girls in the bathroom say,
" My grandma is so happy, she has loved third eye blind for so long."
That did my heart good.
Anyway.
An opener with one good song, talking about two losers who find each other in love, while the keyboardist pounded away and the lead singer kept his shades on in the dark.
It was pretty funny.
Played some war with a deck of commandeered cards, and the game went on so much longer than we'd expected.
Finally they came out. Ripping guitars, and drum beats that made people want to take on the large security guard.
They kept a steady flow of crazy fun sing along songs with the ones that pull on the heart strings.
Even to go as far as pulling out the couch they recorded their new album on for a mid set acoustic deal.
It was beautiful.
[I'm sorry God of Wine still came out of nowhere for me in the most fantastic way possible.]
There was something about the closeness in the audience that made me realize this is the drug Ive been addicted to since the age of 11.
The atmosphere and adrenaline rush I gain from concerts and seeing bands I love and people I don't know joined in one room in harmony for a single night of memories.
I don't know. I just thought it was beautiful. And third eye blinds music and amazing set only contributed to the epic night.

Oh, and by the way, you've told me this but, I hope you had a good time with this birthday present Blaine. ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment