Sunday, October 3, 2010

I walked for miles til I found you.

(Get ready for some finnnne pictures hah)

So friday I rode the train out to Philly. It wasnt difficult at all. I sat next to many different interesting people. I got to Cates class and we had fun while she showed me all over Philly. We talked like we always talk about everything and everybody, every last thought that pops into our heads. We barely got 3 hours of sleep before we had to get up and take the 1 hour and 30 minute train to New York. In that time we listened to an adio of Green Day live from Lolla, where we proceeded to get Billies version of Chicago stuck in our heads. It was rather annoying that we would walk down the street singing 'chicago, chicago its my kind of town' while we were in NYC.

So saturday we checked into the hotel, and dropped our shit. Then we went shopping for a few hours. After shopping we went to lunch at promptly 2 p.m. I was slightly upset I hadnt run into Billie, but figured seeing him tonight would be enough. So after lunch we stopped by the St. James to get our tickets only to realize the show had just been let out. We joined the mob and pushed our way to the front, and I continiued to take photos of Billies face as he signed autographs.

We went back to the hotel around 4 and cleaned up, showered off the train scum and got ready for the show. In doing so I DJd some live Green Day rips I had to get pumped. (as if I wasnt enough already). We decided to walk around and since Cate had surprisingly never been to the M&Ms store or Coloney Records we made a quick stop there. At 7 30 we walked to the St. James and found our seats after buying a program. We sat next to this awesome theater buff named Leeann and talked until the lights went down.

Billie joe was a fuckin mazing in the show. He was hilarious and scary. But still Beej. Broadway suits him well, and allows him to flex his range in a way he cant during a Green Day show. I cried during Whatsername and melted into a pile of goop when he was pulling his shirt off. I love the glitter he threw everytime he made an entrance. And I figured out the new tattoo on his bicep is of him as a boxer. (In a tweet he said "i wanna get a tat of myself only taller" ha ha Billie. Your short <3)

Anyway, the plan was to book it down to the exit and get front row for autographs. Cate and I took the steps three at a time to get downstaris and in hindsight I sprained my ankle turning to quickly. We split up. I sweet talked and was down on being short, and made friends with my fellow GD fans. I pitied my way to the barrier triumphantly. In the ceilings mirror I saw a fight break out. It was Cate. I love her. Billie walked out steps behind Adrienne and after many pleas from my side, he approached us. I felt pressure on my left side as I was snapping pictures with my right but didnt want to get my hopes up that Id gotten his signature. I was standing on my leather jacket and my purse was wide open, but as I brought my program back into view I cried a little. I wormed my way out of the crowd and found cate.

"Howd it go!?!" I paused. "I GOT HIS FUCKING AUTOGRAPH!" Cate screamed and I dove onto her for a hug where my knees proceeded to give out. We were both shaking so badly looking at the scribble in both of our hands that we sat down in the middle of the dirty New York sidewalk.
This weekend is tied for the best night of my life. Period.



No comments:

Post a Comment