Thursday, February 25, 2010

The summer is over and I doubt, I doubt I'll be seeing you around.

I miss this sport. Like its actually paining me this year and I dont know why.
I miss the smell of the field on a warm spring day.
Running bases and practicing catching pop flies.

I remember a few years back, I had to teach the girls on the team how to slid for two reasons.
a. none of them knew how without jacking up their ankles.
b. the coach was a worthless piece of crap.

I haven't had to shower without that much purpose since then. Having dirt and mud and white chalk on my legs and arms. But I loved it. It gave me a kind of high. And after a game I had this overwhelming adrenaline rush.
I miss playing short. Having to read the plays and control the opposing teams runners.
I wish I could do a rundown and listen to Jenny and everyone sing the pickle song.
I miss being the best batter on the team. "Top 4 Bitchhhes".
I always liked bonding with Brea, who batted after me, she was another rock girl who fully supported listening to System of a Down during practice.

Probably my best game was the under the lights game, where not only did I get my record of home runs in one game (4 thanks to having to pinch bat for Kelsey) but I got a triple out. It was amazing. I remember breaking the catchers wrist and getting first base for it.

I miss this game so much its killing me. I should probably go to the indoor batting cages soon to get this pent up energy out.

1 comment:

  1. gah. <3 it's been a while since I played softball but every time spring comes around I miss it a little.

    playing under the lights must have been fucking awesome. ah.

    ReplyDelete