Friday, November 13, 2009

You must not know bout me. Part 2

I get to Saint Vincent for my interview at 3 15.
After running around the entire campus I finally tracked down their manager, Ward.
Of course after running into half of All American Rejects and Eddie Ryes of Taking Back Sunday.
So he walkes me outside. And there he is.
Matt Rubano.
A man I have loved since I was 13. I thought he was an amazing bassist even then. And truth be told Sarah was an Adam fan...I was a Matt fan.
We talked. And talked. And talked. An interview that was supposed to be 15 minutes turned into a half hour. It was amazing.
What was even more amazing. I wasnt nervous. My voice didnt shake. I was calm. I didnt burst into flames. I was a professional fan.
So I returned to the venue for the concert at 7. And picked up my photo pass.
I walked into the venue and bopped to the music playing over the speakers.
Then all of the sudden I hear, "Hey! Glad you could make it."
Fuckin Matt Rubano picked me out of a crowd. Gave me a high five and was having a conversation with Christian and I about bassits and how he loved the fans. Of course I shared I loved him back. Probably stupid but. Whatever.
I took over 100 photos from in front of the pit.
Adam Lazzara brushed me twice on his way to climb the side of the bleachers.
Yeah. Today was one of those days.
Im proud of me.
If your not...thats ok.
Because I dont care.
Im fuckin proud of something Ive accomplished
And ya know what?
Thats never happened before.

1 comment:

  1. holy shit man, you're living the dream! I'M proud of you. :D

    ReplyDelete