Saturday, August 29, 2009

Summer Stars.


Do you remember the time when you and i were fine
hiding under the apple tree there was no one but you and me
we would hide from passing cars and we would have the summer stars

So summers is over. Tonight is the last night of it.
And shit man.
Have things changed drastically.
I dont even know what happened.

But looking back at it, I knew it would all change.
Things always change.


and we were better then then we'd ever been before
you came back to me after walking out my door
you would call me on the phone before you even got home
without me you said you were all alone

I think of late nights staying up til 4.
Going to a 10 pm showing of a movie and coming back at 2 in the morning
Playing baseball...uh...anywhere we wanted.
Concerts. Concerts. Concerts.
Sleeping in until 2.
Watching all of Friends, That 70s show, and Greys Anatomy.
Baking.
Love.
Distance.
Change.
Things are different.
Irreversible.
the cold wind that blows all the things i used to know
how could it play so fast
never thought you'd be part of my past
would i trade it all again to get you out of my head?

Honestly though, I dont think I could have seen summer coming to a close any other way.
It was innevitable.

Senior year was slowly but surely approaching for 3 months.

And time is up. Shit hit the fan. The jig is up.
I dont know. But I think Id undoubtedly do it over again in a heartbeat.

But would I change anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment