Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ive been waiting a lifetime for this moment to come.


My day is about to arrive.
A day I have waited for since I was a wee little tot.
Being able to see Green Day in concert.

Let me back it up for you.
Picture this, little 5 year old Ange, arrives at her older cousins house some random day 1997.
They put on the stereo.
What arrives from the speakers...is Nice Guys Finish Last.
Boom.
I become who I am today.
I didn't even know who the hell they were.
[ I called it the yellow Cd because of the yellow circles on the front. Sarah and Amanda by some miraculous chain of events knew who I was speaking of.]

I think about being able to see them in front of me. For real.
Not a picture, nor video.
There is no TV screen or DVD.
Just Billie Joe, Tre and Mike.
Full force.

I know as soon as the day comes...I'm not going to know what to do with myself.
Cry? to dramatic.
Scream? to loud & teeny bopper esq.

I can tell you one thing for sure.
When July 22nd roles around and I'm standing in line waiting to enter the Mellon arena
I will be the happiest person in the entire fucking world for the next 4 hours.
No. contest.


I've been waiting a long time for this moment to come
I'm destined for anything at all
Downtown lights will be shining
On me like a new diamond
Ring out under the midnight hour
No one can touch me now
And I can't turn my back
It's too late ready or not at all

1 comment:

  1. it's going to be amazing. I mean, I've seen them once before and I'm still like...gaaaaaaaaah. no words.

    I am envious of your first Green Day experience, I have to say. I didn't even know they existed till I was in sixth or seventh grade.

    ReplyDelete