Thursday, July 23, 2009

I look into the past, I want to make it last. July 22nd 2009

I got to Mellon Arena at 11 : 30 a.m. Okay 7 hours til doors open.

I found myself against the barriers [front fuckin row] at the green day concert.
When that beautiful man shook his beautiful head of hair his sweat pelted me in the face...every time.
I planned and plotted where I wanted to stand at this show since I knew of it.
And you know fucking what, it happened!
Life didnt say 'fuck you', it gave me exactly what I wanted.
I could almost reach Billie Joe's hand.

They played my absolute favorite song on a whim, At the Library.
I knew the opening chords.

Two instances, I cried.
When I heard those stupendous chords and when I saw the band in front of me.
Oh. My. God.

During King For a Day/Shout he sat on the stage directly in front of me.
He broke up two fights over my head.
"Punching little girls in the face is not a sport. Now shake hands."


Nothing I could type in this blog could come close to the justice this show deserved.
This is one time a picture is not worth a thousand words.
Nothing beats the memory in my mind.
I know.
I will never fucking forget it.
Green Day & I.

2 comments:

  1. YOU WERE IN THE FRONT FUCKING ROW? ON THE FUCKING BARRIER? OMGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

    I know the show I saw in Detroit was amazing from the SEATS...I can't even imagine it in the front row.

    ReplyDelete