Monday, November 1, 2010

If my memory serves me right.

I cry every time I listen to this song. The whole way through. I'll always feel like Whatsername I guess. I don't know if people understand why, but the feeling of being totally forgotten and just being that girl. The girl in stories they tell someday to there kids like, " Oh I was dating this girl, oh honey whatsername? You remember?" Just being a face with no name. Forgotten and pushed to the back of a once treasured memory.

Of course I wish I had the power to do this. How badly I wish I could just forget. Forgetting all the pain, all the happiness and smiles. Id give it all up if I could just go back to life without a constant cloud. But as always the man has a point that I can not deny:

"You've got to think about your past, you cant just abandon it. A lot of people say, 'Live int the moment live in the moment, just go forward.' But you need to take some lumps and bruises along the way. When Gallagher sings the line "I remember the face but I cant recall the name" That moment kills me every single time, because hes saying, 'Youre a fool, but you've gained something, your smarter because of the process'."
-Billie Joe Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment