Wednesday, July 21, 2010

You gotta live cause life goes on.

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
 - Maria Robinson

Needless to say Ive been daydreaming ever since Ive come home.
I opened a checking account and added $500 bucks to my savings...if I want to live in Kauai for real, Im going to need to start saving up. Im focusing on it. I want it so bad.
This waiter Clark was telling me how he had to live in a hostel until he made enough to get his own place. He also said something that really put the place into perspective for me:
"I work here at the restaurant. I took a 3 month online course to be a sub at the high school. And thats all I want to do...I dont want a steady job turned career, I wouldnt have time to surf."
 
This place may lack concert venues...which may be a little difficult for me at first, but that island has some sort of hold on me. I cant even explain it. I have this pull, like its where Im supposed to be. And to be perfectly honest I dont think I can grow in Pennsylvania anymore, like theres some sort of ceiling blocking me from being successful.
Im not happy here, and I havent been for a while. And instead of sitting here complaining about the stupid rut of a life I have, Im leaving. Im going to go somewhere I can be happy. And if it turns out Im not happy there for long, Ill leave again. Go somewhere and try again.
 
I dont just want to stay here in Latrobe with the same people I went to high school with, and I dont want to work at some job that Im miserable at. I want to experience life and all it has to offer. The good and the bad. I want to meet new people and test new waters. Ive heard to many damn sob stories in my family about missed opportunities and regret. Fuck regret I want to be able to say Ive lived my life. I dont want to miss one thing the world has to offer, am I going to have to work to get there, yeah of course, but will it be worth it. Hell yeah.
In all seriousness I have to get my shit together and get the fuck out of here.
I just hope it all comes together in time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment