Saturday, March 6, 2010

Who Knew.

I love my brown blanket.
Its there through the night, and when I wake up it hasnt changed.
Its still there.
When Im sick its warm and nurses me back to health.
Sometimes we play. I pull it over me, surrounding me. Protecting me.
I listen to the world. Maybe a phone rings. Maybe I get a text message
I hear cars going by. And people talking outside.
But im comfortable. Here. Under my blanket.
It covers me. Its soft and warm.
Countless times Ive wiped away tears with it. Pulled it to fit with me. Squeeze it in pain and unbearable moments no one else sees.
It smells perfect.
Almost my perfume but holds this amazing scent I can never place.
Its mine. And mine alone.
I never have to worry about it leaving me.
I can have it forever. I want it forever.

Name one person in the world as dependable as my brown blanket.

1 comment: